Monday, June 24, 2019 / by Amy Norris
Thursday, February 14, 2019 / by Amy Norris
Friday, February 8, 2019 / by Amy Norris
The Coastal Barrier Resources Act (CBRA) protects coastal areas that serve as barriers against wind and tidal forces caused by coastal storms, and serve as habitat for aquatic species. This fact sheet outlines the responsibilities and restrictions that various programs within FEMA have under CBRA. (see links below & contact your insurance agent for quotes or more info)
• The official CBRS maps may be downloaded on the USFWS website at https://fws.gov/ cbra/maps/index.html
• The most up-to-date CBRS boundaries can be found via the USFWS’s online CBRS Mapper tool (Figure 2) at https://fws.gov/cbra/maps/ Mapper.html
• Although CBRS boundaries will be removed from the National Flood H ...
Monday, December 10, 2018 / by Amy Norris
City of Gulf Shores INTERACTIVE MAP ZONING, COASTAL CONSTRUCTION LINE, L&O Line, FLOOD MAP, Parcel info and city limits
Saturday, January 6, 2018 / by Amy Norris
Orange Beach - Wanting to Buy a Rental in Orange Beach!? Read this FIRST! Moratorium on short-term rentals
January 6, 2018
At a special-called meeting of the Orange Beach City Council on Dec. 15, 2017, the council voted unanimously, 5-0, with Councilman Jeff Silvers absent, to establish a temporary moratorium on short-term rental licenses in residential neighborhoods.
The Ordinance reads as follows:
ORDINANCE NO. 2017-1276
AN ORDINANCE ESTABLISHING A TEMPORARY MORATORIUM ON THE ISSUANCE OF SHORT-TERM RENTAL BUSINESS LICENSES
1. Orange Beach is a resort island community that attracts thousands of visitors each year. Tourism is an important part of the local economy, including vacation rentals at hotels, condominiums, and increasingly, in residential neighborhoods.
2. The City has heretofore adopt ...